Date: Monday, August 4, 2014 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Bike Factory » 340 – Training Room
Strategy Development in Grantmaking is an intensive two-day learning experience designed to help individual grantmakers and their foundations develop or refine a strategic lens to grantmaking and leverage improved program results for deeper impact. By defining strategic philanthropy and reviewing models and tools for strategy development and implementation, resources will be provided to guide and inform your foundation strategy. You and your colleagues will move through a series of individual and group activities and discussions, allowing for both interactive and personal reflection throughout the session.
Key concepts include:
- Understanding what strategy means within a foundation’s culture and how it applies to your role within the foundation,
- Defining strategic philanthropy,
- Utilizing models for strategy development,
- The role of evaluation and the importance of incorporating continuous learning,
- Leveraging a foundation’s toolkit to implement strategy,
- The role of strategic communications in ongoing strategy development,
- Grantmaker techniques and cautions in providing value and ensuring alignment,
- And sustaining outcomes and overcoming obstacles with strategy implementation.
Strategy Development in Grantmaking is designed for foundation program staff or other grantmaking professionals with three to five years of experience. Classroom size is limited to 30 participants, allowing for deeper engagement and discussion with both colleagues and instructors.