Beverly F. Grant is the associate director of the Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Mich. She is responsible for operations of the Johnson Center and for partnering with the senior leadership team to implement the Center’s strategic initiatives.
Grant initially joined the Johnson Center as the associate director in 2014 before accepting a one-year appointment as Grand Valley State University’s interim assistant vice president of Inclusion & Equity. She returned to the Johnson Center in 2016 to resume her role as associate director.
Prior to joining the Johnson Center, Grant was the program officer for the Doug and Maria DeVos Foundation, deputy director of program services for Network180, and director of operations, quality assurance, and strategic management for Bethany Christian Services.
Grant serves on several boards in the West Michigan community, including the Michigan Community Service Commission, D.A. Blodgett – St. John’s, and the Early Learning Opportunities Network.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in social work from Grambling State University and master’s degree in social work from Atlanta University.
Media & Mentions
- Michigan.gov; Snyder makes appointment to Community Service Commission (March 2015)
- MiBiz; Johnson Center studies evolving philanthropic landscape (April 2014)
- MLive; $1.5 million donation will establish community philanthropy chair at GVSU (Sept 2013)
- MLive; GVSU hires associate director for Johnson Center for Philanthropy (July 2013)
- Holland Sentinel; Beverly Grant joins Johnson Center for Philanthropy as associate director (July 2013)