- This event has passed.
Developing a Community with Inclusive Growth
November 4, 2019 @ 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM EST
This event is part of the Johnson Center’s FREE Brown Bag Lunch & Learn series
In its 15th annual ranking, Business Facilities’ 2019 Metro Rankings Report named Grand Rapids, Mich. as the No.1 mid-sized metro in the country for economic growth potential. But “growth” does not always translate into shared prosperity. Many of our neighbors still struggle to find opportunities, stability, and security for themselves and their families.
The Right Place, in partnership with the Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program’s Inclusive Learning Lab, is embarking on a six-month journey to explore how our region’s economic development organizations can harness tools and partnerships to facilitate more inclusive growth, in tandem with other institutions and systems in Grand Rapids.
In this session, we’ll cover:
- What “inclusive growth” is
- What inclusive growth communities look like
- How you can plug in to local conversations and efforts to promote inclusive growth
- How Grand Rapids fits into national efforts to promote shared prosperity
- Brad Comment, Vice President of Investor Relations, The Right Place
- Cindy Brown, Vice President of Talent Initiatives, The Right Place
- Juan Olivarez, Ph.D., Distinguished Scholar in Residents for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the Johnson Center
Attendees are welcome to bring a lunch to this event. Water, coffee, and tea will be provided.