- This event has passed.
Limited Life Foundations: Lessons from CEOs
October 21, 2021 @ 1:30 pm–2:45 pm EDT
Philanthropic purpose, impact, and perpetuity are on the minds of giving families more than ever before. Many are reconsidering the lifespan of their giving effort with a fresh lens as community needs increase and the sector evolves. Yet the opportunities of limited lifespan are often not clear or not fully understood, and neither are the potential challenges.
In this webinar, hear lessons learned from foundation executives who are leading their foundations through implementing the decision to have a limited lifespan and why giving families should reflect more critically on perpetuity.
Panelists will share reflections on how being a limited lifespan foundation influences all aspects of the foundation’s operations and share insights from the upcoming Johnson Center publication Limited Life Foundations: Lessons from a CEO Peer Group.
- Teri Behrens – Executive Director, Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy
- Joe Del Guercio – President & CEO, A. James & Alice B. Clark Foundation
- John Esterle – Trustee and Co-Executive Director, The Whitman Institute
- Glen Galaich – CEO, Stupski Foundation
- Ellen Friedman – Executive Director, Compton Foundation
This webinar was developed in partnership with the National Center for Family Philanthropy.