- This event has passed.
Imagine the Possibilities: What Kids Can Teach Us About Philanthropy
March 30 @ 12:00 pm–1:00 pm EDT
What The Giving Square learned when they engaged kids in giving circles
What happens when you engage over a thousand 8- to 12-year-olds in giving circles? At The Giving Square, we learned that there are better, deeper ways to engage children and that children have a lot to teach us about philanthropy.
Join us if you care about engaging kids in philanthropy, service, and giving. Join us if you are in the field of philanthropy and are eager to have your patterns challenged. Join us if you want to hear what kids think!
This session will help you:
- Understand how innovative practices of engaging kids can realize the deeper potential of philanthropy.
- See philanthropy with fresh and more critical eyes, thanks to the wisdom of children.
- Explore how you can incorporate these lessons in your work, in the field, or at home.
- Amy Neugebauer, The Giving Square
- Rob Collier, Johnson Center Leadership Council & proponent of youth philanthropy
- Erika VanDyke, Grand Rapids Community Foundation
This event is a follow-up to the blog post, Kids Are Philanthropists, Too!