Bridging the Divide: Engaging Millennials in Board Service
July 22 @ 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
The millennial generation is more than just avocados and craft lattes. It’s a generation that wants to make an impact, is on the receiving end of the largest transfer of wealth we have ever seen, comprises a majority of the workforce, and is more diverse than previous generations.
Simply put, if you don’t have a plan for engaging this generation, your organization is falling behind. Join us in this interactive discussion as we explore the importance of and approaches for including millennials in your boardroom. You’ll hear from a panel of current millennial leaders and have the opportunity to ask questions — so start brainstorming!
Together we’ll discuss and learn about:
- Recommended practices for millennial board member recruitment & engagement
- Similarities & differences in engagement approaches across generations
- Real world experiences & examples shared by our panelists
- The impact the millennial generation will have on the social sector
- Joshua Marko, project manager at the Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Rachel Bartels, executive director at Hello West Michigan
- Megan Steenwyk, talent development program coordinator at the Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
Led by: Kevin Peterson, Johnson Center for Philanthropy
Deadline to Register: Wednesday, July 15
This workshop will be a live, interactive experience. It will not be recorded or available to registrants after the end of the live session.