Reframing Evaluation as a Tool for Equity
October 26 @ 1:00 pm–4:00 pm EDT
A session for both foundation & nonprofit staff
Nonprofits and foundations use evaluation — intentionally gathering and analyzing information about programs and impact in order to inform decisions and strategy — to ensure their efforts are forwarding their mission.
While many individuals and organizations have begun to bring an equity and inclusion lens to their work, few have addressed the issue of how evaluation practices can be made more equitable. Who asks the questions, who owns the data, and who interprets the data — it all matters.
This workshop will cover:
- Commonly held beliefs that underlie most approaches to evaluation and how they can undermine equity
- Core principles of equitable evaluation
- Resources available to advance your own thinking and work
- Individual – $159
- 501(3)(c) Individual – $99
- Group of 2 or more – $129 per person
- Current GVSU students/staff/faculty – $25
Facilitators: Jamie DeLeeuw & Melyssa Tsai O’Brien
Deadline to Register: October 22
Note: This course is an interactive experience. It will not be recorded or made available to registrants after the end of the live session.