What trends will affect your work in 2017?
Drawing on our local, national, and international research, tool development, training, and data work, leaders from the Johnson Center have identified 11 key trends that will impact the work of both grantmakers or nonprofit leaders in the months and years to come.
Download and read the full report, featuring all 11 trends, here.
You can also download a snapshot view of the key trends — a one-page infographic for you to print, share, and keep handy throughout the year!
Throughout the year, we will explore each of these trends in depth:
- Growth in the number of foundations
- Increased focus on place-based change
- Awareness of need for increased investment in nonprofit capacity
- Increased focus on data and measurable progress for both funders and nonprofits
- Continued rise in wealth gap
- Transition of wealth and leadership to younger generations
- Positive influence of social movement hashtags
- Redefined role of philanthropy due to political change and polarization
- Growth of global community philanthropy
- Growth of crowdfunding and collective giving
- Decrease in traditional infrastructure funders