We help donors and foundations nationwide adopt best practices and engage with peers and practitioners in the field. We can tailor our research, knowledge, and training to your needs. Common areas of support include professional development, customized training curricula, strategy and evaluation services, and grantee capacity building. Learn more about our services for foundations and donors.
We help nonprofit organizations strengthen their teams, tools, and thinking for better impact. Our one-on-one consultation services, trainings, and technical assistance are designed for organizations of all sizes and in all stages of growth. Areas of support include fundraising, governance, strategic planning, collaboration, and more. Learn more about our services for nonprofits.
Informed Community Change
We guide nonprofits, foundations, institutions, and neighborhood groups in using data to do good. Our customized tools and research services collect and interpret national and local data. Working with our partners, we share this original research for use in awareness building, local and regional decision making, program evaluation, and more. Learn more about our community data and research services.
Resources for Learning
- The Foundation Review, the first peer-reviewed journal of philanthropy
- LearnPhilanthropy, an online marketplace of knowledge for those new to the field
- Our State of Generosity, stories about philanthropy in Michigan
- Frey Chair for Family Philanthropy and W.K. Kellogg Community Philanthropy Chair, the first of their kind in the nation and supporting original research
- Archive and special collections, a scholarly resource for visiting scholars, students, and others