The Foundation Review is the first peer-reviewed journal of philanthropy, written by and for foundation staff and boards and those who work with them. With a combination of rigorous research and accessible writing, it can help you and your team put new ideas and good practices to work for more effective philanthropy.
Executive Summary (open access)
Front Matter (open access)
Editorial (open access)
- Maximizing Return: An Evaluation of the Walton Family Foundation’s Approach to Investing in New Charter Schools (open access)
- Drugs, Depression, and Dating Violence: Partnering With Schools to Collect and Use Data on Adolescent Risky Behaviors
- Redefining Expectations for Place-based Philanthropy (open access)
- What We Have Learned About Grassroots Philanthropy: Lessons From Mexico
- Peeking Behind the Curtain: The Operations and Funding Priorities of Rural Private Foundations
- Giving Circles in Asia: Newcomers to the Asian Philanthropy Landscape
- Enabling Community and Trust: Shared Leadership for Collective Creativity
- Back Matter (open access)
Partners & Contributors
Thank you to our contributing authors from these institutions and organizations and our partners who help make the journal possible. Our partner organizations receive a discount on subscriptions for their members. If you are a member of a partner organization, please use one of the discount codes when subscribing.