The Foundation Review is the first peer-reviewed journal of philanthropy, written by and for foundation staff and boards and those who work with them. With a combination of rigorous research and accessible writing, it can help you and your team put new ideas and good practices to work for more effective philanthropy.
Current Issue: Racial Equity
- Integrating Racial Equity in Foundation Governance, Operations, and Program Strategy (open access)
- Naming Race: One Foundation’s Path to a Strategy of Structural Inclusion and Self- Determination (open access)
- Toward Health Equity for Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islanders: The Health Through Action Model
- Paying Attention to White Culture and Privilege: A Missing Link to Advancing Racial Equity
- The Urgency of Now: Foundations’ Role in Ending Racial Inequity
- Difficult Conversations: Lessons Along the Journey Toward Inclusion
Partners & Contributors
Thank you to our contributing authors from these institutions and organizations and our partners who help make the journal possible. Our partner organizations receive a discount on subscriptions for their members. If you are a member of a partner organization, please use one of the discount codes when subscribing.
Editorial Advisory Board
The Editorial Advisory Board for The Foundation Review are experts in grantmaking and evaluation of programs. From diverse work settings including academia, foundations, nonprofits, government, and independent consulting the Editorial Advisory Board uses its unique perspective to advise and develop our work.
- Robert Ashcraft, Ph.D. – Lodestar Center for Philanthropy at Arizona State University
- Carol Goss, M.S.W. - Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative
- Kathy Palumbo, Ph.D. – The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
- Patricia Patrizi – Patrizi Associates
- Michael Quinn Patton, Ph.D. – Utilization-Focused Evaluation
- Hallie Preskill, Ph.D. – FSG Social Impact Consultants
- Patrick Rooney, Ph.D. – Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy